International Conference 7.-8. September
Indigenous Photography Studies: Current Developments and Challenges
Venue: The Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø. Organized by the Project.
Workshop: Sami Visual Culture seen from within. 15.06 – 16.06. 2016. Venue: Sámi allaskuvla – Sámi University of Applied Sciences, Guovdageaidnu (Kautokeino). Organized by the Project.
Participation at Photomedia 2016 Photographic Agencies and Materialities. The third international photography research Conference in Helsinki 30.03.16 – 01.04.16. Program
- Sigrid Lien & Hilde Wallem Nielssen: “Sáminess seen from Berlin: The Photographic Archive of Museum Europäischer Kulturen”
International Workshop Post-colonial and Indigenous Photography Studies – Current Developments and Challenges. 14.10-15.10.2015. Venue: The Norwegian University Centre in Paris. Organized by the project. Program
Paper in the series Actualités at INHA (Det nasjonale franske kunsthistoriske institutt), Paris
- Sigrid Lien: ““Time journeys”: Encountering photographs of Sámi peoples/ «Des Lapons” in French Collections”
Presentation of paper (Vitenskapsteoretisk innlegg)
- Kjellaug Isaksen, «Urfolksperspektivet i en samisk kunstforståelse» (Indigenous perspectives in a Sami understanding of art), Department of Linguistic, Literary and Aesthetic Studies, University of Bergen, 01.06.2015
Participation at Nordik 2015 The 11th Triannual Nordik Committee for Art History Conference, 13.05.15 – 16.05.15 in Reykjavik
- Sigrid Lien: “Sámi pasts – industrial presence: Spatial and poetic negotiations of history in Bente Geving’s work Down Under Up North”
Participation at the Annual Meeting of The Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Studies, Columbus, Ohio 7-9 May 2015 Program
From the visit to Newark Earthworks of Ohio
Marti L. Chaatsmith, Associate Director of The Newark Earthworks Center, The Ohio State University at Newark
Participation at the 3rd International Conference of Photography and Theory (Nicosia, Cyprus, 5-7 Dec 14).
Kjellaug Isaksen: participation at start seminar for new Ph.D. students, University of Bergen,24. October.
International Workshop Photography, History and Indigenous peoples, Solstrand Hotel, 7-9. October. Organized by the project.
- – Sigrid Lien: Images of Differentiation? Sámi People as Seen through the Works of Marcus Selmer
– Hilde Nielssen: Negotiating history: Sámi Grass-Root Bloggers’ Use of Historical Photographs
– Kjellaug Isaksen: Photography in Sámi Contemporary Art • Visit at the Photography Archive, Tromsø University Museum.